We provide a variety of services to include:
We custom sew the wardrobe that's right for you. Creating a core capsule of five to twelve essential pieces can provide a solid foundation for a season spanning wardrobe. Our handy wardrobe cards help you keep track of fabrics, color combinations, garments and styles. These cards offer convenience when shopping retail for other items. They take the guess
work right out of the equation. Just stick it in the handy folder we provide or a protective sleeve cover and drop in your purse; while shopping matching garments is easy, fast and simple.
Dressmaking and Tailoring
We provide basic dressmaking, alteration and tailoring to include decorative stitching, hand sewing and beading.
We often sew using sketches, photos and ideas.
Fabric Consulting and Sourcing
Because of our many vendor accounts our access to fabric is not limited to seasons the way retail is we can sew any garment
anytime creating what you need, when you need it. We can also manipulate fabric texture and character by pre treating before
Thousands of Fabric Choices
Our fabrics include: organic cotton, organic hemp, organic linen, organic wool, peace silk, raw silk, cashmere, silk, banana, flax,
hemp, ramie, linen, cotton, wool and blends of natural fibres.
SILVER NEEDLE & THREAD ---Custom Sewn Clothing Services
We take care to provide our clients high quality services personalized to meet your unique needs. We are available to schedule consultations and appointments by email or phone. Consultation fee is $75 per hour for individuals and $85 for business startups. All services have different fees and can be shared upon serious inquiry. Our knowledgeable staff members are professional, courteous, highly skilled and efficient.
A key step in creating a one-of-a-kind wardrobe is to know your personal body type
and shape. Certain silhouettes, cuts or lines compliment one of the six body types.
We take your personal measurements to analyze your shape then suggest which
body type best suits you.
Image and Color Consulting
Our dressmakers are certified image and color consultants working with the YTC Your True Colours Image System by Fashion Academy. The system is based upon six seasons instead of four to include three warm and three cool color palettes. You'll receive your own personal palette reinforcing our guarantee you will never buy the wrong color again provided you follow your palette recommendations. We also support clean, organic and natural makeup and can offer personal makeovers with a professional makeup artist. The 100% Pure Makeup line can be found on our site store front. It's the makeup line we use on all our models for photos and fashion shows.
Our professional stylists take the time to show you how to mix and match existing pieces in your wardrobe to create new looks based upon our thorough and in depth image consultation. We show you how to combine colors in your palette offering some exciting options to your everyday look. Adding a few key accessories such as quality belts, scarves, jewelry, gloves, hats and handbags can turn your ordinary garments into extraordinary pieces. We continue to help you make sense of less being more in fashion as we teach you how to create your own signature style.
Need help with the other items in your wardrobe? We won't leave you out in the cold. Our collaboration with several organic clothing companies around the nation has you covered. We have reliable and trusted sources for organic and sustainable underwear, socks, hosiery, basics, outerwear, athletic wear and everything in between to complete your clothing needs. The styles are on trend, colorful and stylish.
Closet Sweeps, Audits and Organization
Because our focus is on sustainable, clean slow fashion our closet sweeps come with an unexpected twist. Our goal is to help you identify all the toxic garments in your closet. We identify synthetic fabrics, explain how they affect your health and share the chronic illnesses and diseases that have been linked to the hazardous chemicals used to create them. Toxic chemicals in clothes not only affect your well being, they can also pollute indoor air quality through the off gassing of voc's (volatile organic compounds). Textiles are the second largest polluter on the planet creating water, air and soil pollution; seeing first hand how personal fashion choices may be contributing to such pollution often changes one's perspective helping clients understand the impact of their fashion choices and the negative life cycle of fast fashion. The process is highly motivating for anyone seeking to do the right thing.
Clients are encouraged to interact and engage throughout the process, creating a connection to establish mindful and conscious behavior that’s lasting. By taking the time to ensure clients understand they have the power to change the way they view fashion, consumption habits and the psychology involved with why unused and unwanted clothes are left hanging in their closets for years offers a sense of liberation.
Our closet sweep is based on FACTS:
- Fit is the foundation to achieving great style. If the garment no longer fits for whatever reason the decision to toss or alter must be made and implemented.
- Appropriateness is essential and must adhere to your lifestyle needs. The clothes you wear to the office are not appropriate for a black tie gala and you wouldn't wear a beach dress to attend a botanical garden charity event. Women with great style always dress appropriately for the occasion. Most often our closet sweeps are based upon lifestyle organization instead of color, etc. Making it more appropriate friendly.
- Closet presence is necessary to create great style. Everything in your closet should coordinate or compliment at least five more garments allowing you the ability to easily put together outfits. Stand alone garments you haven't worn in a while are distracting, creates clutter and takes up valuable space. Knowing what you own and pairing items with other garments expands the life of the piece making the space they take up more functional and less stressful.
- Technical issues can ruin any great closet. Garments that are stained, torn with missing buttons are never going to be worn until repaired. Make the decision to toss or repair. Scuffed and damaged shoes are a killer of great style. Clean them up, donate or toss. Accessories in need of repair should also be addressed. Chipped beads, broken latches, missing stones, tainted metals, etc are extremely unflattering when paired with any garment.
- Create your Signature look one that says you are unique and fill your closet with it. A signature is something that brings it all together it could be scarves, hats, a special accessory item (thin belts), sweater sets, cardigans, a color combination or a particular jacket style. Signature pieces endure even as your style evolves with the times and the seasons; it's a common thread from outfit to outfit that demonstrates confidence, self esteem, a deep self-awareness and a carefully constructed image. These items should be highly accessible at all times as you will use them often.
All remaining services follow traditional closet organization.
When the service is completed your closet is:
Stocked with a five to twelve piece custom wardrobe capsule in sustainable, organic and natural fibres.
Filled with styles that fit and compliment your body type.
Organized according to your lifestyle needs.
Void of all unwanted, unused, damaged, stained, unflattering, and incorrect colored items.
Designed based on FACTS. Clean, uncluttered and welcoming.
Disclaimer: Please note we do not provide build out or construction services to create closets. However, we can refer service providers to help you build your dream space if needed. We work with existing space and can only add portable items such as cabinets, shoe racks, book case shelving units, baskets, containers and other decorative items to enhance organization and visual presentation.
Sustainable Closet Accessories
Wood hangers from managed forests last a lifetime and are
We create sloper patterns based upon your personal body measurements that become part of your personal file
allowing us to sew for you without fittings if the need arises.
Small Batch Manufacturing
We offer sample and prototype services for small companies or individuals seeking help with a product design or idea. We work to bring your ideas to life and offer consulting on fabric and fibre, weight, texture, hand and body to determine if your choice will suit the requirements needed to create your design.
Our small batch manufacturing services can accommodate up to 300 unit production. More detailed information can be found at our Maker's Row Profile. (click on photo)
ABOUT SILVER NEEDLE & THREAD
At Silver Needle & Thread we provide custom sewing services for individual clients and brands. Our focus is the utilization of organic and natural fibres.
Nothing about us is cookie cutter and one size does not fit all!
LATEST FROM OUR BLOG
>see latest new release here click on icon<
Our Comprehensive Service Includes:
- Initial consultation to access client's needs, goals, space and expectations. We take measurements and make professional recommendations on storage, closet layout and design. We provide portable additions such as book style shelving units, shoe racks, cabinets, chester drawers, etc. If any construction is needed we partner with a local service, make the introduction and work with them to ensure the renovation will meet your needs. We will supply commercial roll racks and storage while space in under construction.
-Identification of synthetic fibres and removal.
-Garments treated with toxic chemicals identified.
-Three bins are setup and labeled toss (donate), maybe and repair. We arrive with the following; commercial roll racks, bins, natural cleaning products and shoe care products. Donated items are taken to our local partner charities Rethreaded and Hubbard House.
-All keep garments are evaluated to determine fit, appropriateness, usefulness and condition.
-Stained garments are collected and taken to our partnered local green cleaner for toxic free cleaning.
-Garments needing alterations and repairs are taken to our Studio and repaired.
- Fifty top and fifty bottom sustainable wood hangers are included in our package deal. If more are needed they must be purchased. All plastic and wire hangers are replaced to create one uniform look. Choice of hangers include: cedar, bamboo, and other hardwoods. Color choices include: natural (many shades), white, black, pink and dark brown.
-Plastic and wire hangers removed are recycled.
-All shoes are cleaned, polished and shined. Any needing repair are taken to our partnered local shoe repair service.
-We offer several complementary closet accessories such as cedar and lavender scented sachets to repel bugs, 4 shoe bag sets (for traveling), 12 protective covers, 4 shoe tree sets and 4 garment bags for special items.
-We custom sew a wardrobe capsule based upon your personal image/color consultation and provide a detailed wardrobe file for future use. Custom sewing services and fabrics are not part of closet sweep fees. Dressmaking is a separate service and fees vary.
-Garments are styled and photos are taken making it easy to recreate the look and further develop your signature style.
-We are a CATA Consumers Against Toxic Apparel affiliate company and can recommend a host of organic companies to provide all other garments needed to complete your wardrobe (undies, socks, t shirts, athletic wear). You will receive a complimentary membership card allowing savings of 10%-15% or free shipping on all your purchases for one full year.
All sales, fees, charges and deposits are final. Due to the personal and specific custom nature of our services no returns, exchanges or refunds can be allowed or accepted. Thank you for your understanding.
Silver Needle & Thread is not responsible for garments not fitting properly due to crash diets, illness or surgery at the discretion of clients.
If client waiver our fabric pre-treatment service, Silver Needle & Thread is not responsible for any improper care, shrinkage, color bleeding or fading.
If client waiver our consultation process and service, Silver Needle & Thread is not responsible for the finished product style, color or fabric choice in reference to client not being 100% satisfied.
Certain changes are not possible once garment is cut and construction has begun, such as adding fullness, length, changing color of fabric, etc. Garment would require a new start and appropriate fee is charged.
For fabrics that are 100% organic Silver Needle & Thread can provide a transaction certificate if requested, country of origin and manufacturer.
Gift cards are not redeemable for cash. Gift cards do not expire. Card cannot be replaced if lost or stolen. Please keep in a safe place until redeemed.
We value the integrity of our clients. Any charge backs to credit cards or NSF fees are expected to be addressed by clients in a professional and timely manner.
We guarantee our workmanship.
Basic Rates & Fees
Consultation- $75 per hour individual--$85 per hour for business startups
(all other fees are communicated upon serious inquiry)